Thursday, September 08, 2005

I saw you running away for no apparent reason cause you and I are changing for the season

An hour before class, "So we need to change labs. Can you make up these solutions?" "Sure, no problem" An hour later "my wife is having a baby, so they're all yours. I'll see you later." !!??!!??

Yeah, 15 Sr. and grad students who don't know remember a thing from freshman chemistry assigned to work on a lab of which I only know half. All things considered, we survived. I didn't look too scattered I hope. No one got their face burned off. No one drank anything poisonous. I only broke $40 in glassware.

Right now I'm sitting in my lab waiting for a solution to dissolve. Excepting The Format playing in the background combined with the seady hum of the oven filament, it's quiet and peaceful. For the first time in a while, I'm just observing. Stack glassware, ceramic furnace, old instruments, dull beige wall, 70's blue paint. For some reason, it all seems like a painting or desktop background.

No comments: