Sunday, June 18, 2006

I'm not fully convinced that there's something wrong with this, could another point of view, biased and untrue, tear me away from you?

Yesterday’s endeavors fried me. The sun out here cannot be trusted; the weatherman cannot be trusted. Yesterday morning was cold and cloudy, so I brought my awesomeo jacket. The weather stayed as it began for a couple hours then BAM the sun is out with maximum radiation with poor little Mike caught with his proverbial pants down, defenseless to the elements.

This morning I woke up, face baked to an intense pink. I spent the morning reflecting yesterdays events and conversation and left for church at 2:00pm. Can I just say that I loath such a late meeting time? Ugghh. Needless to say, I was not particularly happy today. But I will say this. The contrast between Church today and the festival yesterday was significant.

Don’t get me wrong. The festival (for the most part) was harmless. The people had a good time, and simply acted how they wanted to act. Deep down, I knew I didn’t belong with them however. I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I’ve been brainwashed by my Bible-Belt upbringing. I feel that I’m open enough that when I see things that “fit” me, I can embrace them without hesitation. Yesterday was an example of educational exposure (too educational if you ask me). In contrast, today I was at church, crispy and unhappy. Yet momentarily, I found peace, and it was wonderful.

Valentine - Get Up Kids

1 comment:

Sara said...

It would seem the later the meeting time, the harder it is to get anything out of the talks/lessons...and yet we still manage to find some peace for the week. Hope you're enjoying your summer!