Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I slept with someone in Fall Out Boy and all I got wast this stupid song written about me

To sipe or not to sipe. So there’s this “new” thing they do to tires called “sipeing” that supposedly gives you better traction and longer tire life. They make these diagonal slits a centimeter into your tread in order to give your tires more surface contact with the road. They claim it also does better in rain and snow. Hmmm. Well I’d really like to get bigger rims on my truck, but dangit, I’m poor. After talking to vendors, parents, and sitting on it for a week, I decided that sweet rims are not going to buy me much more than a slightly better looking vehicle. Meh. So reluctantly, I decided to get new stock size tires on my truck. Putin! Still not cool. Impulsively, I decided to have them sipe my tires raising their price from $40 to $47.50. That’s pretty significant, but education costs money. Right now, I think it will be worth it. We’ll see what I think in 3 months. The tires are guaranteed for 60,000, so I figure I’ll have plenty time to get it figured out. Ye old road bike has gone through 8 tubes in one month. I don’t get it. I picked up a few thorns during the race, sheered a few valve stems while learning how to put the tire on, and had a little bad luck. Okay, a LOT of bad luck. The last one I bought at the bike shop and had them WATCH me do it. They helped me and everything looked fine. I took the bike home. Tire still full. Two days later. Tire still full. I went for a 25 mi ride and came home. Tire still full. Didn’t touch the bike. Following evening. Tire still full. Next day, tire still full. Day after that, tire is flat!!!!??? What the hell? So this time I took the wheel back to the bike shop and told them to do it for me. Hopefully I missed something, or they’ll see what is going on.

Grumble grumble grumble.

No comments: