Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Our world was once forget-me-nots, and now I'll wait another year. I need you here.

So my apartment was spotlighted during ward prayer for the third time. We use "the basket." As the first apartment to use it, we decided to make it good. Among other things, I made a mixed CD of:

Nerf Herder
Saves the Day
The Format
Brand New
The Get Up Kids
Bad Religion
Live
Guster
Bright Eyes
Toad the Wet Sprocket
K's Choice
Blink 182
Nickelcreek
Elliott Smith
The Shin's
Radiohead
Sarah McLachlan
R.E.M.

Listening to it I realized that I'm still pretty screwed up. So many of the songs are about that distant/unattainable lover/friend. I totally didn't do it on purpose. But it fits. I guess even my subconscious is crazy about her. She called me for the last time on Saturday, and now she's in York. Damn me.

Looks like I better turn the music up a little louder and hit the roads and weights a little harder. Yeah, drown out the depression. That's healthy.

7 comments:

editorgirl said...

I was quite happy music-ing and eating away my depression until someone pointed out I was avoiding the issue. Now I can't enjoy either. Going shopping instead.

Which was not what I was going to post. I was going to ask what songs and then say that post-Poetasters last night I went home and made an "emotional angst" playlist featuring most of those artists. (I sat next to you, btw.)

Saule Cogneur said...

Was it Alma? Either way, nice to sort of meet you. Are you a Blue Betaer?

I need more money for that your suggestion unfortunately, but still, shopping is a good idea.

Same order as the post, AND means two songs from one group.

Vivian
You Vandal
Tie the Rope
The Quiet Things that No One Ever Knows
Forgive and Forget AND Ten Minutes
Tiny Voices
Selling the Drama
Careful AND Grin
First Day of My Life AND Another Travlin' Song
Little Man Big Man
Believe
Adam's Song
This Side
Miss Misery AND Angeles
New Slang
Exit Music (for a film)
World on Fire
Why Not Smile

Saule Cogneur said...

Holy crap, I'm even more depressed than I thought. Hopefully the girls that got this CD won't listen to it too carefully. I might as well change my name to Chris Caraba.

Saule Cogneur said...

Carrabba

editorgirl said...

Fingers crossed, they'll realize you have excellent taste.

And I'm not Alma. I wish I could be, but I'm afraid I was the blonde. LadyLondon.

Saule Cogneur said...

Ok, I know you. Remember the pm I sent you about your avatar. It's funny, I say I "know" you and a few other on BB for that matter, but I guess we've never said anything to each other in person. I guess we'll have to work on that.

editorgirl said...

deal.