Saturday, October 29, 2005

Some fires are better left unfed, some pages better left unread, some words are better left unsaid.

So all I can do now is whisper or talk like Ned from South Park. It’s crazy how easy it is to take things for granted. I can’t imagine what I’d do if I lost my voice permanently.

Last night’s Halloween party wasn’t too bad. It was at an old ward friend’s house. His dad was one of the principle authors of WordPerfect. I’ve never been in a house so big. Indoor pool, basketball court, theatre, game room, dance floor and dj booth. This was only a small piece of the basement.

I’m pretty easy going about things, but I find I’m going crazy without my watch. I lost it about two weeks ago, and I’ve become convinced that I’m a control freak when anything affects me directly. It seems like people obsessed with time are normally ultra organized and have their schedules outlined in 10 minute intervals on their PDA’s for the next three years. My case seems to be a bit more analytical for the sake of analysis. It’s just like when I go to the grocery store; I ALWAYS look at the nutritional facts. Not because I’m a health freak (though I am more conscientious than the average person) but because I simply want to know what I’m putting in my body. With time, I don’t care so much that everything is perfect; I just want to know how much time things are taking.

No comments: