Thursday, January 19, 2006

When everything is wrong, we move along

Random thoughts for today.

Graduate school websites lie. They say they like M.S. students. They say they pay them. They even say they admit them. NONE OF THESE CLAIMS ARE TRUE! The good news is a friendly advisor caught this little discrepancy before it was too late to backpedal.

"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness."

Is it possible to be overly warm blooded? After sitting around work for an hour I had to go to class in the WSC. I walked outside wearing only a T-shirt and jeans for 5 minutes, and by the time I got to my class, I was still overheating. What the heck is wrong with me? I went to the gym last night, so I'm a little sore. Could the circulation effects from yesterday's workout have continued into today?

I had a dream last night about biochem girl. I took her out a few times last winter, and in an extremely vague way, I learned she had no use for me. She went off to grad school and eloped with some dude. I stumbled across her email address a week ago and sent her a message. “Hi, I suddenly get what your email address references (it was Run Lola Run). Blah blah blah. I heard you got married; I hope life is good.” Last night a I had dream where she told me everything that was wrong with me. Though I can’t remember what she said, I remember being excited. “About time you told me what was going on! What took you so long? Slow down, I need to write this down.” I remember thinking that some of the things she said were way off while others seemed valid. I wanted her to elaborate but woke up right when it was getting good. What kind of person likes to be told what’s “wrong” with them?

Once again, I can only conclude that I’m a freak. (but hopefully the likeable kind)

3 comments:

Thirdmango said...

I'm actually quite the same way when it comes to being out in the cold.

Tolkien Boy said...

Whereas I'm the same way where I'm hoping I'm a likeable freak.

(and considering that I admit to freakishness, my opinion of the liking/not liking of you is moot)

Th. said...

.

Perhaps you are on some misguided path to self-correction....