Monday, January 09, 2006

You say that you’re starting to feel like you’re getting lost, well I do too.


Last winter, a roommate commented during a late night conversation, “Mike, for just one day, I wish I could sit inside your head and listen.” The previous summer, another friend had commented, “my goal for the summer is to figure out what makes Mike Morrill tick.” Though these kinds of remarks aren’t terribly frequent, they are an almost regular occurrence.

Now, I don’t think I’m any more interesting than anyone else, but such comments do make me think about my thoughts. I’ve heard people say that their inner being would frighten the public world. If you could “get inside my head,” I don’t think you’d be frightened; I think you’d be even more confused about me.

On days that I have nothing pressing for the morning, I’ll wake up around 8:30, but I won’t get out of bed. Often, I won’t do anything but lay still, thinking or playing out different scenarios in my head. These activities go on for hours if I let them. I wonder if someone like me would have a hard time with solitary confinement. If it were from Monday to Saturday afternoon, I think I’d do just fine.

P.S. Grad school applications are done, and the Sas incident has officially dissipated. The internet has sensitive ears, so interested parties will have to ask me in person.

3 comments:

Katya said...

Well, the quiet ones are always the most intriguing. Especially the quiet smart ones, because then you know they must be thinking all that time they're not talking. So what are they thinking about? . . .

Tolkien Boy said...

Congrats on the applications. It's almost as much a joy to have them be done as it is to be accepted.

At least, I assume so.

What DOES make you tick, by the way?

Saule Cogneur said...

Mostly discontent...with everything and everyone.