Monday, March 06, 2006

I'm not surprised and really, why should I be? See nothing wrong See nothing wrong. So sick and tired of all these pictures of me.

If I had the option of seeing everyone fully for who they are, I'd have a tough time deciding if I'd take it or not. A while ago, Katya compared it to seeing marbles. Sometimes I think it would be nice to see a person and instantaneously see his passions, pains, joys, regrets, hopes, and all the other things that make him him. I think the world would treat itself better if we could all appreciate the humanity we see in each other.

At the same time, I’m not sure if I could handle it. The world can also be incomprehensibly ugly. There may yet be further depths of human cruelty to be discovered. Individuals have great capacity for sadness. Right now, I don’t think I’m strong enough to absorb all of the world’s sorrow. I think it would consume the bit of hope I still reserve for myself.

Never the less, part of me wants to know those things anyway. Part of me wants to save those people. Part of me wants to rid the world of the consuming filth that pollutes it. Part of me knows that even I can drown in an ocean.

Right now, I don’t know that I can balance my personal and social ambitions. I don’t know that I can’t either. It would be a mistake to inundate myself with the world’s problems, but I think it would be a tragedy to ignore them completely.

No comments: