Friday, August 04, 2006

and do you like making out and long drives and brown eyes and guys that just don't...quite...fit in?

Last night I attended a show at one of the nicer night clubs in Seattle. After picking dinner from the Pan-Asian menu, myself, MSU, and company sat back and watched Ska Cubana do their thing. I didn't think they were fantastic, but I don't know anything about music. Watching eventually turned into much shameless dancing with a couple dozen other attendants. I even danced with a gay man, sort of. It was fun.

Dancing is still a funny thing for me. As with singing and any other performance related activity, my motion (unintentionally) is about as fluid as a cubic boulder trying to roll down a hill. Combine this tendency with some congo drums and a lot of brass, and I resemble a boxer who has to use the bathroom while trying to warm up for a fight.

Actually, I’m even less graceful. My gay friend migrated his way into a group of attractive females giving me the "dude, I'm totally giving you an in" look. I had to laugh.

It was a good night.

So Impossible - Dashboard Confessional

4 comments:

Big Ben said...

Gay guys can help you pick up chicks for sure, they give you an in but you have to close by yourself.

Tolkien Boy said...

You and your summer...

pfft...

Sarah said...

you go boy

eleka nahmen said...

Straight men can (and should) learn so much from gay men.