Saturday, July 22, 2006

That's simply my life story.

90 degrees and 50% humidity. Today, I couldn't have cared less.

MSU's son (age 21) is in town from Boston, and the three of us spent the day traipsing through Seattle. For the first time all summer I felt like a city dweller. Though I enjoyed looking at the Space Needle and Frank Gehry's Experience Music Project (the bizarrest thing since the Freemount Parade), they didn't make me feel like anything but a tourist. Who wants that? In the hot summer air, we spent four hours doing nothing but walking around. It was great. The streets are inundated with shops and people of all shapes, sizes, ages, and colors. Today, I wanted to live in the city forever. City life is public transport, humongous book-stores masked as tiny shops, small authentic restaurants, music venues, and of course, rose flavored ice cream. Rose water, milk, sugar, cream, and rose petals. Awesome.



My Life Story - MXPX

1 comment:

Tolkien Boy said...

Ah...I can't wait.

Seriously. I can't...freaking...wait.