Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Where the streets have no name.

I still don't feel like sharing all the detail of my job, but I will share a thought I found interesting. If a high school kid were to ask me about where in the world of industrial profession to work, I would draw him this picture.
You work where ever on the ladder you like. At my job, I get to see some of everything, and I must say, I see it more like this:
This picture opens for two ways to look at a person like me.

I could be an intellectual snob who only respects those who build the foundation. If you're a salesman, you must understand that the world will always go on fine without you. Your task is the easiest and the least important.

Or I could merely have found confirmation on what matters to me professionally and where I will be the most useful. (I.E. Like being a modern dancer, a job as a BS Engineer would never suit me.)
Vanessa Carleton singing it.

1 comment:

Saule Cogneur said...

Ironically, my own view is completely backward. You can make a living off a piece of crap if you market it well, but a superior will only sit on the shelf if you can't convince others of the truth.